FAN has been organizing several promotional activities such as training, workshop publication, trade & exhibitions, among these activities Floriculture trade fair is the one. Trade fairs have been recognized the world over as one of the most effective tools of marketing for the floriculture business. FAN has been organizing the floriculture trade fair since 1994. FAN has already organized 9 regional flora expos at Pokhara, 5 regional flora expos at Dharan, 3rd International flora expo & 24th National Flora Expo in Kathmandu Nepal. This is the beautiful event of FAN held every year in Brikutimandap Exhibition Hall Kathmandu around March & April. It is the only event of its kind held in Nepal in terms of its size and content – it is both a B2B and a B2C event. The expo showcases the latest developments in the Floriculture sectors of the Nepalese economy. While in the consumer sector, it serves to launch new brands and put on display a wide collection of floriculture products, it is a business section that attracts a large number of visitors from all over Nepal and abroad.
The first international flower exhibition was organized in Nepal in 2001, The 2nd International Flora Expo was organized in 2015 and the 3rd International Flora Expo was organized by FAN in 2017. Flora Expo facilitates trade initiation whether for the direct consumers or for the Flori-business of new business deals, identification of agents, and distributors. The flora expo has a product profile that covers the entire range of products and services from hi-tech orientation to traditional character.
Objectives of Flora Expo:
- To promote, develop and highlight Flori-business in Nepal.
- To create awareness about the use of flowers and ornamental plants among the people throughout the country
- To create & expand the Flori business in the national & international markets.
- To bring Nepalese floriculture together and create interest among the producers, suppliers, marketers, exporters, and other stakeholders
- To introduce new products & services
- To create employment opportunities and skill development
- To facilitate customers buying different kinds of floral products at once
- To introduce Nepalese floriculture, its development, and its prospects at the National and International level
- To build the capacity of FAN as the lead organization working towards the development of floriculture in Nepal.